Vladimir Kurchevskis was born in Riga Latvia. Inspired by the creative and physical aspect of the art of dance, Vlad chose this sport because of his love for emotional expressions. Trained in Latvia and Moscow by renowned coaches including Colin James, Victor Nikovsky, Sergey Duvanov and Svetlana Tveryanovitch, his accomplishments include World Junior Champion in International Latin 2004, 8 times Latvian National Latin Champion, Finalist in World 10 – Dance Championships from 2004 -2008.
In 2009, Vlad moved to Toronto Canada and continued his success as an amateur competitor winning the Ohio State Ballroom competition and Manhattan Dancesport. In 2010, he turned professional and continued to pursue his love for choreographing different styles of dance.
Since 2004, he has choreographed for:
– “Baltic style and beauty” – exhibition, Contest between beauty salons of the Baltic countries.
– “Dancing with the Stars” Latvia (Choreography).
– “Grand prix Latvia” One of the biggest Dance Sport competitions in the world (Showcase guest/Choreography).
– “Miss Lebanon Canada beauty pageant” 2010 (Choreography).
– Worked on choreographing with professionals: Natalie Reznik, Jose DeCamps & Joanna Zacharewicz, Ieva Pauksena.
While Vlad’s primary love is Latin/Ballroom, he enjoys other styles of dance, including Ballet, Jazz, Salsa, Contemporary, Argentine Tango.